The Bridge Group – Sales Development and Inside Sales Reports on Metrics & Compensation, 2014
Base303 B2B companies
Company TypeB2B, SAAS, Software
The Bridge Group specializes in building, expanding and optimizing inside sales strategies for smart technology companies. The Bridge Group published some great Inside Sales Resources:
The 2014 Sales Development Report on Metrics & Compensation is their fifth round of research since 2007 with a focus on how metrics & compensation change over time. In this round, 222 B2B technology companies with Sales Development Teams were surveyed, most offer SaaS and Software solutions. The report covers the Sales Development Model tasked with Pipeline generation, appointment setting, lead qualification and outbound prospecting. The report reveals:
- How the Sales Development (SDR) Groups are made up (number of reps, territories, experience level, average tenure, ramp up, team structure)
- SDR Quotas (basis of quota, average quota based on ACV, average number of deals, quota achievement)
- Sales efficiency (average number of daily dials, dial attempts and connects)
- Incentives & Compensation (OTE, duration of a SPIF)
- How Inside Sales Groups are made up (number of reps, territories, segmentation into hunters and farmers, experience level, average tenure, ramp up)
- Sales quotas (basis of quota, average quota based on ACV, average number of deals, quota achievement)
- Sales efficiency metrics (average number of daily dials, dials attempts and connects)
- Incentives & Compensation (OTE)
- Top challenges for sales teams
- Reach Rate: What percentage of accounts engage in at least one meaningful, forward-progressing sales conversation?
- Pass Rate: What percentage of reached accounts are passed by a SDR to a Sales counterpart?
- Pipeline Rate: What percentage of SDR-passed accounts are accepted into the sales pipeline?